Alphabetize "Add to Singer"

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
jfbiii

Alphabetize "Add to Singer"

Post by jfbiii »

When I do a Shift-Command-F and search for a song, if I right-click on the selected song I get an option to "add to singer." Is there any way to alphabetize this list? Currently it's just coming up with some random-seeming order that makes it difficult to find the correct singer.

Related request: In the same menu, is there any way to make "new singer" present matches from the list of singers that already exist at the venue but haven't yet been marked as "here" in an as-we-type fashion? That way, when it matches someone already in the database I can click OK and I've simultaneously marked someone "here" and assigned them a song instead of having to go through an extra step.

Ex: "Frat Boy Fred" brings me a slip, I hit Shift-Command-F, Search for "Bohemian" right click "Bohemian Rhapsody" and then choose new singer. When the dialog pops up, I type "Fra" and "Frat Boy Fred" (who's in the venue list but not marked as here) auto-completes in the dialog. I click OK and "Frat Boy Fred" is marked "Here" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" goes into his tonight list and he has a spot in the rotation.

I hope this isn't already there and I just haven't figured it out. :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Is there any way to alphabetize this list?
it is alphabetized. are you saying your list is NOT alphabetized? if so, please zip and send me your "kJams Library" folder. In the code, i alphabetize the list, and when I run, my list is most certainly alphabetized.
is there any way to make "new singer" present matches from the list
not currently, but i've just added the "not here" singers to the bottom of the list so you can pick them. that good enough?

jfbiii

Post by jfbiii »

Yes, if the list of not here's were at the bottom of the "add to singer" right-click pop-up menu, that would be quite good enough.

Here's what my right-click "add to singer" list looks like:

If you want me to send the library, that's easy enough. Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing before I waste your time. :)

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

Yes, please send me your "kJams Library" folder.

thanks.

jfbiii

Post by jfbiii »

On the way!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

thanks!

fixed!

new release tonight if all goes well.

jfbiii

Post by jfbiii »

Best.

Feature.

Ever.

Dave, used this last night and it was awesome. A real time-saver.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)