Bug (perhaps) on seek

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
Sedge

Bug (perhaps) on seek

Post by Sedge »

This is a bug I can reproduce fairly easily

Actions taken to create bug:
- begin playing song
- while song is buffering (unpacking), seek through song by clicking on the progress bar at top of screen
- as song is almost fully unpacked, click near the end of the progress bar

Expected response:
- continue unpacking song until it gets far enough to begin playback where the progress bar was clicked, then resume normal operation

Actual response:
Best case scenario - audio is muted, until new song is loaded. Progress bar still indicates song is playing, but no audio. This generally happens when there is about 10% left to unpack, and I click at about the 85% mark (not in the unpacked segment) - even if I then click back to the beginning of the song, the graphics will play with no audio.
Worst case scenario - program crashes - note this is normally not the case, but I try really hard NOT to click on the unpacked segment. I think when this has occurs, I have clicked on the unpacked segment.

Importance: not very - during real-world live usage, rapidly seeking through songs while they are unpacking would not be a normal activity. I am generally cataloging and verifying tracks when this occurs.

Other factors: As I am cataloging and verifying, database saves, instant and/or full re-ordering of the library display, song/file renaming, etc may be also taking place. I have not checked the task list closely at the time of this behavior to see what underlying processes may be running.
Also, Delay playing is generally unchecked... as are all options under General tab, except for upgrade checking.

Platform: Powerbook G4 1.5 GHz, 1.25G mem. OSX Tiger Current Version.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Bug (perhaps) on seek

Post by dave »

a known bug. it's so rare that it's just very low on my priority list, but it IS on the list.

-dave