Importing with my CD+G player

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
DeusExMachina

Re: Importing with my CD+G player

Post by DeusExMachina »

Mike:
Given the design of the player, I suspect that it would be relatively easy to at least take the cover off and look inside to see how easy it might be. I am guessing that there are 2-4 phillips screws in the back that hold on the cover. If so, take those off and slide off the cover, and you can poke about inside and see how easy it might be to remove the drive. The only real complication is the fact that is appears to be a 3 tray system, so you'd just have to see how the feeder/delivery system worked. It might be as simple as leaving everything in place, and just disconnecting a SATA connector cable from the drive itself. You could then connect the drive, still mounted inside the JVC unit, to the connector in your enclosure with a SATA cable. With both the JVC and the enclosure powered up, you could then use your Frankendrive to RIP discs into kJams.
If you wanted, you could post pictures, and I might be able to walk you through it. If I am right, all it will take is a screw driver and a little bit of intestinal fortitude.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

And if all that scares you, just buy a new drive, they're (relatively) cheap, here's one for $40 (no enclosure)

Mike981

Post by Mike981 »

Thank you both!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)