Import Zip files, huh?

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
powermixx

Import Zip files, huh?

Post by powermixx »

I read:
http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Importing

I'm more confused than putting together my BBQ grill. :x

I downloaded 5 songs (.zip) files from buykaraokedownloads.com and I just want to add them to KJams. Can someone explain in simple terms the easiest way to do this? Thanks! :roll:

dave
Site Admin

okaaaay

Post by dave »

1) store them somewhere permanent
2) add to library, navigate to the folder you put them in
3) pick "tags"

powermixx

Re: okaaaay

Post by powermixx »

dave wrote:1) store them somewhere permanent
2) add to library, navigate to the folder you put them in
3) pick "tags"
That worked pretty easy. I made a folder and placed it at the same level of the Library folder. Two questions:

1) Can I continue to place new .zip files there and then go to "Add To Library"? Will that make duplicates of the ones already existing?

2) As I have read I can not place them in the location with all the other artist folders. Will a future update copy the files into the location of the existing library files? I just want to keep all the music together in one place...

Thanks!

dave
Site Admin

add to library

Post by dave »

1) Can I continue to place new .zip files there and then go to "Add To Library"? Will that make duplicates of the ones already existing?
it will make duplicates
2) Will a future update copy the files into the location of the existing library files?
yes in point of fact. probably within a couple months.

powermixx

Re: add to library

Post by powermixx »

dave wrote:
it will make duplicates
2) Will a future update copy the files into the location of the existing library files?
yes in point of fact. probably within a couple months.

So the solution is to just make a separate folder for each new song/songs imported at that time (to avoid dups)?

dave
Site Admin

yes

Post by dave »

yes or if it's just a few songs, put them in the same folder but when you add them to library, instead of navigating to their enclosing folder, go in the folder and select just those songs.