Lost all Singers History and favs...

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
goateeguy

Lost all Singers History and favs...

Post by goateeguy »

Long story short I was running a gig last night... and everything was working perfect all night.

At the end of the night, I quit kJams and walk away to do something... When I came back 5 min later, it was just a spinning beachball... So I decided to force quit the app...
I reopened it... and it had to re-scan the entire library (took a few min to load)... and no singers in the Venue...
Quit and reopened... it loaded fast... but same thing.
Did it one more time for the hell of it, and the singers were there and it gave me an error around the lines of "for some reason your singers favorites have been lost"...

And yeah, they're all gone... their history is all gone (Well I can't quite say that... they're THERE... but they're all just blank entries.

I tried using my Time Machine backup to pull the "kJams Library" from an hour before the show ended... same thing... 2 hours before the show ended... same thing.

Ideas? thoughts? This was my FIRST time using the iOS app to get people to save and submit songs (Which worked awesome) although it was kinda odd not seeing songs as people would (bring them up) so having less control of the rotation... (or it kinda feels that way since people can add themselves. Since after a certain point i'd normally start going 'new singer', 'old singer'. But that's another topic.

But yeah, ideas? thoughts?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Lost all Singers History and favs...

Post by dave »

do you have your library on an external drive?
did it get unplugged?
i'd have to see this myself to diagnose the problem, are you available right now?
give me a call, number on this page:
https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Office_Hours